What we are doing at Garden Grove Dog and Cat Hospital
The current COVID-19 situation is rapidly developing. We are currently investigating additional options to help maintain the health and safety of both our staff and clients while providing the essential care necessary for our patients. At this time we are taking the following actions:
- Enhanced disinfection protocols for shared and high-touch surfaces
- Limiting the number of clients in our reception area exam rooms.
- Adopting enhanced drop-off options for healthy pets with elective surgeries and procedures.
- Allowing options for clients to remain in their vehicles.
- Installed hand sanitizer stations in our reception area and exam rooms
Animals that are sick or injured should receive veterinary attention
Guidelines for bringing your Pet to Garden Grove Dog and Cat Hospital
If your pet requires care it is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days or to an area in the United States with high incidence of COVID-19 call ahead to discuss the situation. We have plans in place to help ensure your pet receives the care it needs. This can include having a staff member in personal protective equipment meet you at your car to bring the pet into our hospital.
- As we are a “walk-in” facility, and to avoid a crowded reception lobby, we are currently advising clients to call our office when arriving in our parking lot to be placed on our waiting list. Wait with your pet(s) in your vehicle and we will call when an exam room becomes available. In the event of an “emergency situation” our staff members can join you at your vehicle to bring your pet into the hospital for more immediate evaluation.
- Visits to hospitalized patients will be significantly limited. Please contact our doctors or hospital manager if you have concerns about visitation.
- No personal items can be kept with the pet while hospitalized, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc.
- Please clean your carriers, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an appropriate alcohol-based disinfectant in the event our staff needs to handle them.
- Please use the sanitizing agents at the front desk upon arrival.
- Please respect the ‘social distancing’ recommendations and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others, and refrain from shaking hands.
THANK YOU for your understanding at this time and please do not hesitate to call us with any questions (714) 537-8800. We’re here for you, your patients, and the communities in which we live.